Wednesday, April 9, 2014


John Foster
Mrs. Anthony
Eng. 101-113
April 12, 2014

                                                        "What is an Institution?"
            Going in the smell of alcohol woof over the senses, and as one looks around they see white walls and sometimes gray or white floors. There are gray racks ware the white linen is stored. To find what a Mental Institution is we must take a look on the inside. First off there are nurses, orderlies, than there are the doctors. The rooms are about 12 by 12 and two to a room. There is a large common room, and several conference rooms. So what is a Mental Institution?
A Mental Institution is a place for those who are Mentally Ill to get help to get better.
 There are also Institutions for the criminally insane. These places are there to keep the mentally
 ill medicated. Most all mentally ill people need to stay on these medications for the rest of their
 lives. These places also deal with electro-shock treatments. Some patients need to be
restrained either by leather restraints or by strait jackets or even restrained chemically. There
are some who even need to be put in a padded room.
Being mental ill I have been in and out of these places a lot and I can tell you they are on
fun. They serve bad food, some of the people smell because they do not know what a shower is,
and they soil themselves. Even so I have never experienced electro-shock treatment but I know
people who have. All I know about electro-shock therapy is that they hock your head up to
 electrodes much the same way as they do for an ECT scan. Electro-shock therapy seem a little
barbaric to me I am glad it is getting used less with the invention of new and better medications.
medication and psycho analysis are the wave of the future. I just went and saw my psych Doc. 
and he changed my meds so that hopefully I can concentrate better on what I am doing and not 
the voices. The voices are so bad at times I just want to give in to them and start killing everyone
I see but somehow I am able to keep it together. I does bring me to tires though. I cannot stand
the voices sometimes I even want to kill myself. For these reasons I have in and out of
institutions and hospitals since I was nine.
            In closing I would just like to say that institutions are good place for the mentally
Ill like myself to get away for the rest of the world, and have time, and medication to recover
from the stress of life.             
   
         

No comments:

Post a Comment